Home – Services – Electric Panel Upgrade
Electric Panel Upgrade
What is an electrical panel?
Do I need to upgrade my electrical panel?
Necessary boxes to tick when you are considering repairing or replacing electric panel:
- Homes above 20 years of age – these homes still run on the lower current (60-100 amp); the newer homes run on higher current (200 amp) these days. This is because the energy requirement in modern appliances are higher now. So, it is necessary to upgrade in such a situation.
- Heating up – when you touch the panel and it feels warm beneath your hands, it is a sign of overloading or improper installation.
- Strange smell – if it has a burning smell, it can be a sign that a wire is not connected right or something else.
- Frequent tripping – if it constantly trips off it is necessary to replace at this point.
- Flickering of the light – if your light flickers a lot most especially when you are using some other devices, this can be a sign of some loosening in the connection.
- Appliance upgrade – if you are upgrading your home with new appliances it is necessary to ensure that the panel can carry the load. When necessary you can replace. – if your light flickers a lot most especially when you are using some other devices, this can be a sign of some loosening in the connection.
How to replace electric panel
Frequently asked question is “who should handle the task of replacing a panel?”. It is necessary to call a licensed electrician to get this done for you.
You are at the right place! Here at Electrician Service Team we have well trained and licensed electricians that can help electric panel install. They provide both commercial and residential home services in Los Angeles region.
How much does it cost to upgrade panel?
The price usually varies but depends on some factors:
- Project scope – the requirements affect the price. For example, the price of replacing an old panel with a more recent one will vary from the price of installation of a small auxiliary panel.
- Conditions – the state of the site also affects the price.
But generally, with our company the prices are always customer friendly and economical.
So, if you suddenly encounter problems with your electrical breaker, then contact the Electricians Service Team. We offer emergency electrical services day in, day out.